[Cryptech Core] Workshop backup plan kit (was Re: Introductory presentations at Berlin Workshop)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jul 5 23:39:40 UTC 2016

Rob Austein wrote:
> > Let me know what you need?
>
> primary plan is to use our APT and Homebrew repositories on the
> servers in Reykjavik to supply the packages that users need to
> install

How many bytes of download is this ca. for each user?

> a WiFi hub capable of supporting everybody we expect to be in the room,

I've set up a Cisco AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9 .11n dualband AP as layer 2 bridge
with a Cryptech SSID.

> some kind of box which can run a web server.
..
> sufficiently powerful laptop
..
> laptop which can drive the projector
..
> also serve as a backup HTTP(S) server

I've set up a spare ThinkPad T420s i5-2520M 2.5GHz 4GB RAM 32GB USB-HDD
with debian 8 which I'll put online on halfway decent access in a few
hours. Send me an SSH key for remote access to prepare it any way you like.

I'll keep the laptop powered and online but I can't set up a desktop -
if that's needed I'd probably write a Linux Mint image to it.

//Peter