[Cryptech Core] Fwd: Re: [Privsec-program] Making a list of places that Internet privacy and security work is being done

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sun Mar 8 16:00:41 UTC 2015

Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 00:59:41 +0900
From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
To: Richard Barnes <rlb at ipv.sx>
Cc: Russ Housley <housley at vigilsec.com>
Subject: Re: [Privsec-program] Making a list of places that Internet privacy and security work is being done

> Speaking of Cryptech, what's the status there?  Any ETA to say, an ECDSA
> signing box that Let's Encrypt could use?

cryptech is making an open design, not manufacturing hardware.  otoh, we
do have a prototype on the novena laptop, and are about to start an
alpha prototype of a small stand-alone board, likely with a usb and
pkcs#11.

as you can see from <https://trac.cryptech.is/wiki/Dashboard>, ecdsa
verilog has not started; rsa is first.  we do have a possible ecdsa
code donation, i believe.

no promises as to date(s).  maybe more in dallas, as we have a core team
meeting in stockholm in a week.

randy