[Cryptech Core] saturday agenda

Павел Шатов meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 29 19:51:07 UTC 2015

On 29.06.2015 22:43, Leif Johansson wrote:
> On 2015-06-29 21:40, Randy Bush wrote:
>>> If the .RU folks come, they will want to know when GOST is on the
>>> schedule.
>>
>> point taken.  but i think it may be in the repo :)
>>
>> but is it clear how to integrate into, for example, dnssec and rpki?
>
> for dnssec I think there has been significant work by the gost folk to
> make that work

Well, GOST signature algorithm is actually similar to ECDSA, since it is
based on ECC. The difference is in the hash function used (GOST
signature uses GOST hash instead of SHA) and specific curve parameters.
We already have GOST hash sources in our repository, so once we have
working ECDSA, we will most probably be able to do GOST signature too.