[Cryptech Core] status update

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Sun Jun 28 22:15:35 UTC 2015

On Monday, June 29, 2015 07:00:51 AM Randy Bush wrote:
> > This friday, assembly house confirmed they have everything they need
> > from me for manufacturing. PCBs have been ordered and all components
> > sorted out. They reconfirmed manufacturing week 28. No real headroom
> > to fix things if they don't work. If that happens, I'll bring all the
> > old Novena entropy sources I have and let you know so you can bring
> > any spares you might have too.
>
> this is the new noise boards?

Yes, sorry - end of a long day here. I've ordered 30 assembled Novena entropy
source boards from assembly house Jakob Schlyter heard of in ~Göteborg.

> > I have 8 half-made R-Pi / USB entropy sources. Am expecting more
> > components tomorrow and do not think I will have any issues completing
> > the requested 12 before Prague. They come in three colors - red, black
> > and green. The red and black ones look pretty good actually.
>
> no purple? :(

We can make purple ones later. OSH park is the ones who make the deep purple
and gold (nice!) PCBs I've showed you before. Price gets good there if you
order 150 square inches IIRC =).

> i'll bring a pi-2b, but how do we demo/test?

Don't know - depends on audience I think. Entropy isn't very sexy to look at.
It's easy to show how to use the thing.

> if there is anything others can do to reduce speed-bumps, shout

Thanks, I will.

What I could use is a proper microscope, but they are only to be found for
reasonable prices in China or in the US it seems. Anyone from the US fancy
carrying 20 kg microscope to Prague? Oh right, you've already stuffed your
bags with Novenas ;).

Maybe Peter knows where to shop good bom mounted microscopes in Germany?