[Cryptech Core] Fwd: SV: SV: SV: SV: SV: SV: SV: SV: Från BitSim...

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jun 2 18:42:46 UTC 2015

Павел Шатов wrote:
>> Latest offer from Bitsim. About 70k still.
>
> Well, that's strange. STM32F4 is much simpler, than i.MX6Q.
..
> I believe, they either underestimated i.MX6Q or overestimate STM32F4...

It's the latter. The offer still contains lots of references to
Linux and the risks haven't been updated to remove the high speed
loophole giving BitSim permission to fail with the first board
interation. This project seems outrageously difficult for them.

Whoever wrote this offer seems to know little about both the
processors in question (iMX6/STM32) and about Linux, based on the
uncertanity "New processor, what about the Linux distribution, is it
still stable and available?".

Just now I also noticed that BitSim wants to add a 10% administrative
fee to *all* third party costs - including components and manufacturing
subcontractors. I don't find that at all reasonable.

//Peter