[Cryptech Core] Debian packages for the Novena, what next?

Paul Selkirk paul at psgd.org
Wed Jul 8 22:13:07 UTC 2015

I guess I beat Randy to the clueless-user test.

On 07/07/2015 09:16 PM, Rob Austein wrote:
> ***** Installation *****
>
> * Add the GPG public key (current one is temporary with a very short
>   lifetime, will replace it with something better before Prague):
>
>   $ wget -q -O - https://apt.cryptech.is/novena/apt-gpg-key.asc | sudo apt-key add -

root at quantum-biosys-novena:~# wget -q -O -
https://apt.cryptech.is/novena/apt-gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

>   Or, for the tinfoil-inclined:
>
>   $ wget https://apt.cryptech.is/novena/apt-gpg-key.asc

root at quantum-biosys-novena:~# wget
https://apt.cryptech.is/novena/apt-gpg-key.asc
--2015-06-29 16:33:38--  https://apt.cryptech.is/novena/apt-gpg-key.asc
Resolving apt.cryptech.is (apt.cryptech.is)... 130.208.201.3,
2a00:c88:d000::3
Connecting to apt.cryptech.is (apt.cryptech.is)|130.208.201.3|:443...
connected.
ERROR: The certificate of `apt.cryptech.is' is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate of `apt.cryptech.is' hasn't got a known issuer.
The certificate has not yet been activated

In the end, I have to wget with --no-check-certificate, which should
ring loud alarm bells with the tinfoil contingent.

> * Update available packages and install the cryptech-novena packages:
>
>   $ sudo apt-get update

root at quantum-biosys-novena:~# apt-get update
W: GPG error: http://apt.cryptech.is wheezy Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 930F44599CE19083
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
7638D0442B90D010
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
7638D0442B90D010
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
9D6D8F6BC857C906
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
7638D0442B90D010
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
7638D0442B90D010
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
7638D0442B90D010

>   $ sudo apt-get install cryptech-novena-rtl

But this works.

				paul