[Cryptech Core] alpha schematics

Paul Selkirk paul at psgd.org
Mon Dec 14 22:53:09 UTC 2015

I've just been looking it over, and had a few comments and questions.

While explaining to Rob about how to cable the SWD program/debug
interface, I was wondering why the pins are arranged the way they are.
If they followed the ST-LINK ordering, I could use a straight-through
ribbon cable from the programmer to the board, without needing to cross
over any lines. Please consider this for the next rev of the schematics.

I see you wired FPGA_DONE to the STM32, which is great. Currently we
delay 6 seconds before attaching to the FMC bus, and we have to probe
for the board register to determine if the FPGA is configured. So thanks.

Most of the cores have a data_valid bit, which we currently have to poll
for, through the register interface. It would also be great if we could
somehow expose these directly to the MCU through one or more IRQ lines.
I'm not sure exactly how this would work.

In Stockholm, we talked about having two USB interfaces - one for data
exchange (keys, digests, etc), and one for the management console. On
the dev-bridge board, one of these has morphed into a USB power outlet
(although it's not clear why we'd want that, given that the board is
only useful when plugged into the Novena). So could we please restore
the management USB?

On sheet 2, there is a "Jumper deciding if FPGA/ARM/None should be
allowed to turn off the entropy source (default On through pull-up)".
It's not immediately clear why we would want to allow that.

				paul