[Cryptech Core] starting to plan a novena test run

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Apr 28 19:15:08 UTC 2015

Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> > > Lead time for new PCBs is about 14 days.
> >
> > What am I missing? I have experience with at least two PCB houses in
> > Sweden (Malmö Mönsterkort and Cogra) who deliver in less than a week
> > and Cogra do prototype boards overnight. I think Joachim used them.
>
> You are totally right - PCB manufacturing in less than 14 days is
> certainly possible.

Unless the boards ship from China I think it's the norm.

> My statement was not meant to be considered an assertion of the fastest
> PCB manufacturing possible when not considering the price.

That 24/7 place has 5 day standard, with a 35% setup premium and a
70% per-board premium for 3 day production.

MMAB standard procedure was also less than a week at a fair price when
I last ordered there, which was admittedly many years ago now. :)

Anyway, just saying to shop around a bit, I think it would be easy to
find a supplier with fast turnaround at reasonable cost for 20-40 pcs.

//Peter