[Cryptech Core] peering into the dusk

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Sep 26 00:06:28 UTC 2014

thanks to serious efforts by joachim, fredrik, paul, et alia, we are
nearing having noise, trng, a bunch of hashes, ... up on novena, a
generally usable (i.e. by software types) development platform.  this
is a serious step and we should be pretty darned happy.

to give some coherence of how to move forward, i suggest we start
discussing the needs of a few potential first 'customers,' namely
dnssec, rpki, and bgpsec.  this will tell us what vertical slices of
the layer cake to prioritize.

if this makes sense, perhaps jakob will lead the dnssec requirements
discussion, and rob rpki and bgpsec.  and i presume linus will chime
in with tor, which is good.

it might be good to plan another meeting in late january or early
february.  we can start arguing about dates.

as a 'side' meeting, joachim and i are inclined to ask someone such as
viktor fischer from jean monnet university saint-etienne to come up and
concentrate on design of a next gen trng.  he taught a great rng
tutorial at ches.  maybe the thing to do is to get matts/ericsson to
host a small rng day and we invite others?

randy