[Cryptech Core] call

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Tue Nov 4 15:53:42 UTC 2014

At Tue, 04 Nov 2014 16:35:53 +0100, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> * If someone is using ISE 14.7 default from install and can do make on
> the Novena core and get a working bitfile, update the Wiki with info
> about this so that I and others know which versions have successfully
> been used.

I will update the Wiki, but, FWIW, I have been generating what appear
to be working Novena bitfiles using 14.7 on a 32-bit Debian Wheezy VM
under VirtualBox on MacOSX.

> * Update the info on wiki with how ISE was actually installed, how the
> license was actually installed etc. We should probably move this to a
> separate page. And, naturally which Linux dists and versions used. And
> any libs, environment variables etc needed to be fixed. I have added a
> link that had more info than what we had.

I don't recall having done anything beyond following the (admittedly
somewhat terse) directions on our Wiki.

The only real problem I had was that I kept underestimating what a pig
the Xilinx tool set is: I had to rebuild the VM three times before I
guessed a big enough disk size.  No voodoo, just specify bigger
virtual disk and install again.