[Cryptech Core] ipr, ghu forbid

Patrik Wallström pawal at blipp.com
Tue May 20 08:37:15 UTC 2014

On 20 May 2014, at 10:27, Leif Johansson <leifj at sunet.se> wrote:

> On 2014-05-20 10:25, Randy Bush wrote:
>>> I just noticed that there is a cryptech company that manufactures crypto HW:
>>> http://www.cryptech.com/
>>> Any risk for trademark issues?
>>
>> i am not a lawyer, and try not to play one on the net.  but probably so.
>>

> isn't trademark local?
>
> cryptech project has a legal life in Denmark

You can apply for a trademark wherever you want, but they are regional. In Europe we have European trademarks as well as country based. It quickly gets quite complicated - and with another company that produces crypto hardware, it is very likely that they have trademarks in the same regions and categories of trademarks that we are interested in.

So perhaps the Cryptech project (our project) should create something that is named something else?