[Cryptech Core] Tools and strategies for communication during development

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Tue May 20 01:26:05 UTC 2014

At Mon, 19 May 2014 20:07:40 +0300, Randy Bush wrote:

> ok.  i have created
>
>    cryptcore at conference.xmpp.rg.net
>
> it is persistent, passworded (ask me or leif), blah blah blah
>
> someone please test.  thanks.

Consistent failure:

	Error joining chat cryptcore at conference.xmpp.rg.net/Rob Austein
	407: Registration required

Fails with or without room password, no change in error message.

Adium won't let me cut and paste room password into dialog, but if I'm
mis-typing the password I managed to do so three times in a row.

I was doing this from jabber account sra at xmpp.rg.net, so the
"registration required" is confusing, to put it mildly.

http://www.ejabberd.im/node/707 suggests that 407 in this context
means that I'm not listed as an authorized user of the room, implying
that this must be done in advance for each authorized user (fun!).