[Cryptech Core] board

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at secworks.se
Wed Mar 5 08:40:57 UTC 2014

Randy Bush wrote:
>> Should be possible to get it there by Tuesday. It would originate
>> from US California, can send via Fedex priority, it would leave
>> within 24 hours of the paperwork. It would take probably 2-3 days
>> to get to Stockholm, so probably just barely?...
>
> bunnie,
>
> give us a few hours to sort ourselves out.  we're all in europe at
> the moment and i am the earliest riser.
>
> if it is judged useful for me to get one, i will actually go from
> s'holm to the states.

I see a couple of good project reasons to get the board:

(1) The FPGA is a Xilinx device and we currently use Altera FPGAs.
Getting a second vendor FPGA increases ability to test cores.

(2) The laptop is a complete system that allows SW to start utilizing
the HW and develop drivers etc.

(3) The laptop is something you can easily transport around and use to
show the Cryptech system running on actual HW.

BTWm, Bunnie - is the infrastructure (drivers, loader etc) needed to
create and use a HW core in the FPGA available? That is, take a SHA-256
core for example, wrap it in suitable wrapper to match the board, send
the RTL through ISE to get a config file and then have SW in the laptop
load the config in the FPGA and talk to the design from userland?

 Joachim Strömbergson          Secworks AB          joachim at secworks.se