[Cryptech Core] draft template document

Leif Johansson leifj at sunet.se
Sat Jun 14 09:09:19 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-14 04:28, Randy Bush wrote:
> i do not understand nordic cultures other than you do not speak, and
> unlike japan, no answer is not a 'no' answer.  but if you take contracts
> literally, joachim's point is real.  this weekend i will try to review
> and maybe have a suggestion.
>
> randy

This is not about culture but about law.

If we wanted the contract to say what Joachim believes it sais it would
have been spelled out along the lines of "hardware must never be covered
by the project". It doesn't say that.

Adding "unless agreed to by both parties" everywhere just adds
redundancy to the contract.

You can *always* add to a contract by agreeing to an exception. That is
a basic fact of contract law and doesn't have to be spelled out everywhere.

	MVH leifj