[Cryptech Core] git, again

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Thu Jan 30 21:11:00 UTC 2014

At Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:46:29 +0100, Jakob Schlyter wrote:

> I would recommend one repo per larger component, linking them
> together with a main repo with submodules for each component.

I don't yet understand git submodules well enough to have an informed
opinion, but after reading

  http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Submodules

this sounds like a plausible approach if we really need a unified
super-repository.  Not sure we do, and that page lists enough quirks
and gotchas that we may want to postpone deciding about this until we
have a use case for the super-repository (among other reasons, because
specific use cases may bring sufficient automation along with them
that we can script our way past the quirks...).