[Cryptech Core] FPGA 101 presentation

Basil Dolmatov dol at reedcat.net
Thu Jan 9 03:54:11 UTC 2014

09 янв. 2014 г., в 7:30, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> написал(а):

>>> nice.
>> ...but trivial... ;)
>
> i suspect serious non-trivial defenses will make the thing less
> intelligible to the neophyte audience from whom i am trying to
> extract cash.
it is not a question of non-trivial defences, it is a question of _bad_implementation in _closed_ non-audited systems.
all of presented side-channel attacks became possible only because of morone crypto implementations in given devices, and demanded exact knowledge of these implementations and its defects.

unfortunately, first idea that could come to mind of neophyte audience after this video, is "to close blackbox harder, it is crucial that noone knows about its contents", which is quite opposite to the intention of our project, huh? ;)

dol@