[Cryptech Core] deeper entropy analysis

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Wed Dec 10 09:23:47 UTC 2014

Hi all

Some time ago I was wildly confused by my DMA based entropy sources would
prefer alternating bit patterns over repeating ones, as I'm sure you've seen
on the tech list.

I asked someone with considerably more knowledgeable than me about how one
could perhaps analyse the output to gain insights into how this could be. That
person did not have time to contribute to the problem, but he suggested we
could perhaps involve this guy (for paid work)

  http://www.csc.kth.se/~terelius/

I haven't talked with him at all, but while I think we can be confident that
our TRNG will output excellent random data, if we want to be as confident about
the entropy I think we will need help from someone with higher mathematical
skills than I possess  - possibly that guy.

If you think it is a good idea then maybe I can try to meet with him for lunch
or something and see if he is interested and see what he could do for us?