[Cryptech Core] work structure

Leif Johansson leifj at sunet.se
Wed Apr 16 15:42:52 UTC 2014

I've started to circulate the donation document to PIR and ICANN (who
have indicated they don't care about US a recipient). This means that we
will soonish have money to play with which means we need a structure
for contracts etc.

This is mostly determined by how we'll use the financial group at
NORDUnet and there are few knobs left to us to play with so I hope
everyone thinks this sounds ok.

I've vetted this with Joachim who felt it sounded ok.

1. We'll setup a framework contract for all companies that provide payed
resources. These will be general terms and conditions including price
per hour for different resources. We can start to establish those
contracts right now.

2. For each work package we'll make a "call-off" from one of these
contracts - basically a gentleman’s agreement that certain work will be
done against a rough estimate of time. Part of the agreement with NDN is
that we won't agree to pay for work that we don't have coverage for
so the guestimates either will be good or we divvy up the work in
smaller pieces. Lots of money in the bank means we can do bigger WP's

3. Each work package needs to gets billed (in part or whole) separately
so the NDN folk can keep track of stuff that is "booked" against the
budget. This means labelling invoices with the workpackage to close the
loop.

	Cheers Leif